Friday, November 5, 2010

Choosing your Travel Companion

I didn’t want to do this journey alone. I have found travels are far more memorable and fun when shared. I didn’t want to watch the sunset … alone, or wake up early to hit the road… alone, nor did I want to sit alone having a meal, when again, it’s so much better shared.
But you can’t just travel with anyone. I’d rather travel alone than travel with bad company. I have had a number of successful travel partners, and a few disasterous ones too. You have to know what you are looking for. But then again, I wasn’t even looking – it just happened.
When I shared my idea for “Swahili Coast and Beyond” Khaleeda got more excited about the idea than me, so I invited her to join me, but I needed help. Help to set up my blog site, my twitter page, and just generally be a creative inspiring presence on the trip.
It’s the first day and I know I made a good choice!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog so far, Sarah. You have a great writing style. Good luck on your travels. :)

    ReplyDelete